Student Services Newsletter - November 2018
- Visit the Career Centre’s job postings (which often include local school boards): http://careers.yorku.ca/students-and-new-grads/looking-for-a-job/online-job-postings/
- Career Centre monthly online calendar. which include workshops, events (including overseas Teaching Opportunities), and Employer Recruitment Sessions along with Tabling Sessions
- Visit the FESA Facebook employment page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/FESAYorkOpportunities/
- Visit York U Mentoring and Teaching Resource Room at http://mtrr.blog.yorku.ca/
- Faculty of Education News & Events at edu.yorku.ca
- Visit York U. Events for upcoming speakers and campus events
The Faculty of Education Student Association (FESA) is looking for current BEd and BA students interested in a volunteer opportunity to mentor new Faculty of Education students for FW 2018-19. For more information please email: FESA-Mentorship@edu.yorku.ca
International Practicum Placement (IPP) Information Session
Each year, students in the Bachelor of Education (BEd) and Bachelor of Education (Technological Education) program can apply for the opportunity to participate in a teaching placement in an international location, in addition to their required teaching in Ontario schools. This opportunity is in addition to the experience required in Ontario schools for the degree.
Complete a four-week placement in the spring in Kenya, Nicaragua or China! Some funding is available to students to help offset the cost. We are hosting information sessions in Winters College. Students can also log in via Zoom (webinar) to listen to the sessions -https://yorku.zoom.us/j/7252861111. You need to have a speaker on your computer or your mobile device, so you can hear the information.
- Tuesday, November 6th at 3:30 pm in Winters College Room 030 or webinar
- Friday, November 9th at 3:30 pm in Winters College Room 030 or webinar
- Thursday, November 8th 5:30 pm - webinar session only
Graduate Program in Education Open House
Are you interested in pursuing a MEd or PhD? Come learn more about the Graduate Program in Language, Culture & Teaching on November 8th 3:30-5:30 Room 113. More information email firstname.lastname@example.org
Employer Tabling Sessions organized by the Career CentreIf interested in teaching outside of Ontario the Career Centre arranges Table Information Sessions in Winters College for Consultants to speak with e BEd students. Check the Career Centre Calendar each month to see what organizations consultants will be visiting.
Religious Education: Teaching in Catholic Schools - Who Should Attend
Any undergrad teacher candidate in the final year of BEd and interested in preparing to teach in Catholic schools.
NOTE: This course is open only to York University Faculty of Education undergraduate students. This course is not equivalent to the Religious Education, Part 1 additional qualification.
- 36 hours in length; 10 hours online & 26 in-class
- Offered in the Fall and Winter sessions
- A Certificate of Completion is provided upon successful completion
To Apply & Fees
For actual dates, locations and session offerings, search from the list of available courses.
ADVISING: If you need individual advising all students are welcome to book an advising appointment at http://edu.yorku.ca/current-students/undergraduate/advising/
The Office of Student Services offers two days of individual advising - Tuesday and Thursday. General questions welcome to walk-in and ask.
Office of Education Student Services hours
Monday 10am – 4pm
Tuesday to Thursday 9am – 4pm
Friday’s month of June, July and August 9am-3pm